Thursday, October 8, 2009

For My Tennessee Peeps

Step Out To Fight Diabetes
Saturday November 7th 2009
Nashville Zoo at Grassmere

6:30am is registration
7:30am is fast walk
8:30am is leisurely walk

Hey everyone! I wanted to bring up something that is pretty dear to me. My mom and my father pretty much a good portion of my family has diabetes. I have been very active in different organizations and have been notified of this one listed above.
I would like to put together a team for the Event. It is just a 2 mile run/walk but I believe that it would be worth it. I would like to get a small or even large group together;dominate the others. yeah I know that is alot to say, but I can be a little exaggerate. Anyways, Two or more can make a team;I have decided to name it in honor of my mom. so TEAM JOAN is the name. Unless I can get others to join me and we can call it something like "sugar warriors" lol. There will be a continental breakfast available,music,snack, and health/fitness zone.
Please if anyone is going to be in the area of Nashville just think about and let me know. My email is tiffanyntoney@yahoo.com, even if you would like to do this solo that is great too. For more information here is the website:www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/diabetes/drtc/walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.